Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November Crafting

When I saw Heidi Staples' tutorial for the Trinket Case on her blog FabricMutt, I knew I had to make it.  I am working a lot in 3D, 2D projects are more my kind of work. But, I have to challenge myself from time to time, so this was the right project. With an excellent tutorial, this turned out to be a piece of cake!

Here are the side panels, I used a mini charm pack of Daysail by Bonnie & Camille. In addition I used Chambray for the exterior.


For the lining I used a fun print that I bought at Hancock's Fabric a few years back.


Here is the finished Trinket case.


It is nice to make small items once in a while, so I decided to make a pair of potholders for my son's apartment. I am trying to keep the colors in the masculine range, and what is more natural than blue and green? (That's by the way my favorite color combination). I used (big) scraps in this crazy log cabin/improv-style set of potholders.


The back is also masculine, like a lumber-jack's shirt. The quilting in the ditch shows off well on the back.

It is very fulfilling to finish quick projects, I have to do that more often!

Keep on quilting!

2 comments:

  1. Love that bag!!! Great fabrics and great little tote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a handy tote you have made and I am sure your son is delighted with his mats

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!