Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

SquareOne Quilt in Sun and Snow

This spring I have been fortunate to be able to test patterns for two talented designers, and I have posted about the process in earlier blog posts, like this from Happy Sew Lucky.

The first one I tested for was Krystal from @sewshaped on Instagram.



Now I have completed all my 20 blocks of glorious scrappyness, assembled them into a
nice sized lap quilt.


I took the quilt out for  the photo shoot on a very bright and very cold March day. Yes, we still have quite a lot of snow. I found a shaded spot for the two pictures above, and these show the true colors of the quilt.


The sun is really bright, it has been blazing from a clear blue sky for days, but the temperature is way below freezing. My quilt holder had a tough time in the cold draft, even though there was some warmth in the sun.


The quilt is made completely from my stash/scraps, and is a great stash buster. The size of the quilt is 52" x 64.5" quilt after wash/dry cycle. I free-motion quilted it with a stars and loop design, and it looks very nice and cozy after being through the dryer.


No, the quilt was not run over by a cross country skier...



I used my precious Britten Nummer by Ikea as the backing. The quilting of stars and loops makes it nice and crinkly.The quilt will soon be on its way to the new owner.

Keep on quilting!

4 comments:

  1. I love this scrappy design! You made a gorgeous quilt and love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful quilt, your photos pick them up so well!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!